Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Winter Landscapes

    4th and 5th graders are just finishing Winter Landscapes. We drew these in pencil, traced them with black felt tip marker and then finished with crayon, colored pencil and glitter for snow. I originally found this lesson from one of my favorite art blogs - A Faithful Attempt. They are made on paper snow globes instead which I think I prefer and will do next year. 

The link for the original lesson can be found here:
This is a fabulous website that I love and is great for art ideas. This teacher works very hard to research so her students can really enjoy their art curriculum. 

      When I talk to students about vocabulary for this lesson we talk about background, middle ground & foreground. Also, the element of space and creating a house to be more 3-D rather than just a flat shape. They enjoyed this project before the winter break.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Textured Planets - Art and Science

       This is one of my favorite lessons. It always does well at art festivals and other exhibits. Plus kids have a lot of fun creating thi...