Monday, January 8, 2018

Worm's eye view snowmen

      I'm really happy that I ended up doing this project with my 2nd and 3rd graders. It was the perfect project to have up right before our winter break. I also enjoyed this because it gave me an interesting way to teach perspective. Teaching kids the difference between bird's eye view and worm's eye view made it easier for them to understand perspective as a whole. They also loved this project.
      We used 12"x18" tagboard (thin poster board type of paper) and tempera pucks (which I love) after drawing and outlining our snowmen with pencil and felt tip pen. I will definitely be doing this again with these grade levels in the future.

     I found this project on artsonia.com, which is a huge online gallery of student artwork from all over the country and probably internationally as well. 


    Beginning steps of the project. Drawing, outlining with felt tip marker and coloring parts of snowman with crayon. I made sure to teach students about creating the worm's eye view by showing the bottom of the nose of the snowman and that the size of objects like buttons would grow smaller the further away they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Textured Planets - Art and Science

       This is one of my favorite lessons. It always does well at art festivals and other exhibits. Plus kids have a lot of fun creating thi...