Monday, October 15, 2018

Collaborative Murals

       Well I am a sucker for collaborative murals! I try to do one at the beginning of each school year. I feel like it is a great way for our kids to feel connected and to learn something new and contribute to something big and beautiful that decorates our school!
      This year I created a tree that incorporates the dreams of our students.  My asst. principal and other teachers brought this nice idea to my attention at the end of last year so the new school year was a great time to make it happen. Grades 1-3 traced, painted and then wrote their dream career on their hand. Our school theme this year is dreams. Last year we made a mural that showed off our underwater theme. Students made fish or another underwater animal and used regular and neon markers to color them in. Luckily I can show off our sweet tree close to my classroom.

          2018 collaborative dream mural








                                                        Underwater themed mural


Our positive behavior expectations in Romero Britto style




1st grade collaborative mural




Learning about Vincent Van Gogh with 3rd grade - collaborative mural
We worked on reproductions of a few of my favorites of his work.





My own mural for the media center in our school



No comments:

Post a Comment

Textured Planets - Art and Science

       This is one of my favorite lessons. It always does well at art festivals and other exhibits. Plus kids have a lot of fun creating thi...