Monday, October 15, 2018

Pinch Pot Pumpkins :D

        This is a project I sort of put together when I was at a clay class where we chose to do whatever we wanted. Mulberry FL has a neat little cultural center which holds clay classes once or twice a month on Saturdays. I went with some friends and was happy to see art offered to kids and adults in the community.
        Anyway, I made my very own and 1st ever pinch pot pumpkin and it is such an easy project to teach and make. Here are the steps:

1. Make a pinch pot.
2. Turn it upside down.
3. Create lines that go up and then down the sides of the pinch pot.
4. Add details like a stem, leaves and curly vines.
5. Tada! Fall project to glaze after firing.


     These are my Art Club results so far. The kids really loved this. I had to be careful though to work in steps in order to pace my students and help them when needed.





I will be updating this soon to show off the finished pumpkins with glaze! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Textured Planets - Art and Science

       This is one of my favorite lessons. It always does well at art festivals and other exhibits. Plus kids have a lot of fun creating thi...